Tips To Avoid Water Damage While On Vacation
A properly working sump pump can be a savior for your home.
Going on vacation is always an exciting time, however, coming home to a flooded house can quickly turn things into a nightmare. Here are some tips to help you avoid water damage while you're away this summer.
1. Complete a thorough check- Before you leave, make sure to inspect your home for any leaks or damages throughout the house. Check out all of the pipes underneath your kitchen and bathroom sinks. You should also check any hoses and lines that run to appliances such as your refrigerator, washing machine and dishwasher.
2. Test The Sump Pump- Testing your sump pump before you leave will not only tell you if its working properly but also bring you piece of mind while you're away. A great way to test your sump pump is by filling the pit with a bucket of water and then from there you will be able to see if it is actually pumping out the water or not.
3. Ask Someone To Check On Your Home- Whether you're going to be away for a couple days or a couple weeks, it's smart to ask a family member or friend to check in on things at your house. Having someone check on your house gives them a chance to spot any leaks or water damage quicker, resulting in less damage occurring.
Hot water extraction allows for a deeper, more effective cleaning.
Whether your spring cleaning has already gotten underway, or you've pushed it off another week, let our SERVPRO professionals help you. This is the perfect time to take advantage of our carpet and upholstery cleaning services.
Here at SERVPRO, we offer a variety of different options when it comes to carpet and upholstery cleaning:
Bonnet Cleaning: A less aggressive method used mainly for short piled carpets.
Hot Water Extraction: A deeper cleaning method suitable for all carpet and upholstery types. This method is best at removing the dirt deep down in the fibers of the material.
Deluxe Pre-condition and Rinse: Helps restore deeply soiled areas.
Showcase Premier Cleaning: Our most thorough cleaning method. Uses both hot water extraction and a rotary carpet cleaner.
Dry Cleaning: Perfect for when color-fastness is an issue.
Nothing But The Best
SERVPRO is committed to meeting all of your restoration needs.
Here at SERVPRO of Woodridge/Bolingbrook, we are committed to providing the best service possible to all of our customers. One way we are committed to doing this is by putting our employees through various certification courses through the IICRC. The IICRC stands for the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification. The IICRC offers certification courses in areas such as water damage restoration, fire and smoke damage restoration, odor control and various other topics. By completing these courses, our employees are able to take the knowledge learned in the classroom and directly apply it to the current job at hand. When you call on SERVPRO, you can have confidence that the employees doing the work have the best training and know what it takes to effectively and efficiently handle all of your restoration needs.
Fire Pit Safety
An example of a safe open fire.
With the weather turning you might find yourself spending more time around the fire pit, here are some safe practice to save you and your home.
1. Never build your fire under an awning or any sort of overhang. This also includes trees, bushes, or umbrellas.
2. Always be ready to extinguish the flames. Whether that be when the party is winding down and it's time for bed, or in case of emergency. Make sure you have an extinguisher handy so your party doesn't crash and burn.
3. Never leave your fire unattended. Something as simple as a wind gust can put your entire home in jeopardy. Checking the wind conditions is another thing you should keep in mind when building your fire. If the wind is blowing towards your home or other flammable objects, you might have to save it for another day.
Winter Storm Hits Texas
Icicles hang from the ceiling fan after multiple pipes burst.
Last month most of the southern United States was effected by an unusual winter storm. The state of Texas was hit especially hard with pipe breaks and massive power outages taking place throughout the state. With so many people experiencing flooding and water damage in their homes, they were in desperate need of help.
This is where SERVPRO stepped in. SERVPRO activated hundreds of storm teams to go down there and help with the recovery efforts. SERVPRO franchises from all over the country responded to the call, packed up and headed south by the truckload.
As you can see in the image, there was water coming from every level of this homes. The freezing temperatures caused a pipe on the upper level to burst and leak through the ceiling and into the ceiling fan.
An out of control flame becomes even more dangerous if located near a structure.
As the weather begins to turn for the better, there are few things that signal the sign of summer better than the first barbecue of the year. Although this is a joyous moment, that joy can turn to worry in a heartbeat. Here are some tips to ensure that you avoid any accidents and have a safe summer of grilling.
1. Make sure you grill outside and away from any structures. Avoid grilling under any umbrellas or awnings as they can quickly catch fire.
2. Provide your grill with a stable surface to stand on. Doing this ensures that your grill wont fall or be tipped over.
3. Check for propane leaks. Propane leaks are very dangerous and if undetected can lead to fire or explosion. The line can be checked by applying a solution consisting of soap and water to the valve where they connect. Then turn the tank on, if you see bubbles, there is a leak.
Best of the Best
"Like it never even happened."
There's never a lot of time to stop and think when disaster strikes. That's why when you call SERVPRO we're always ready. We respond 24/7/235, it doesn't matter how big or small the problem may be you can always call us. We're here to make the process go as smoothly as possible and as quickly as possible. With our skills, knowledge, and professionalism you will know right from the start that you made the right choice.
At SERVPRO we also know how important it is to do the whole job. Other restoration companies may skip corners or not even see it, but that's never the case with us. We'll make sure we're in and out thoroughly check and "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Woodridge Bolingbrook
Traveling Because We Care
Our team here at SERVPRO Woodridge/Bolingbrook
As we move forward into 2021, sometimes it's good to take a look back at everything you've accomplished. Aside from COVID and everything that it brought with we had one of the craziest weather years in a long time. During the month of May Illinois we drenched with about a quarter of its average rainfall in 4 days. This ended up being a Storm event for SERVPRO franchises. Later that summer our own franchise traveled to St. Louis to help out with their torrential storm damage along with hurricane force winds. After a few weeks had passed the gulf and panhandle area was hit with 6 different hurricanes. We dispatched a crew for almost 6 weeks they worked around the clock before they headed home at the end of October.
We different areas are hit with disaster you're never alone. SERVPRO will always make sure that you're taken care of as quickly as possible.
Disaster Clean up Specialists
Nearly Gone with the Wind
Your home should be your safe place. The place where life happens. When a storm, flood or fire strikes, your life can be turned upside down. SERVPRO is here to get life your back to normal, you can take on the repairs yourself, or look for a reliable disaster response company. Both options can seem overwhelming.
With more than 15 years experience, SERVPRO of Woodridge/Bolingbrook will restore your home quickly and seamlessly. Satisfaction is guaranteed.
Our comprehensive disaster response services are available 24/7 — for fire damage restoration, storm damage repair, and flood restoration.
A team of SERVPRO trained team of caring professionals will take care of everything from communicating with your insurance adjuster to removing mold and replacing damaged baseboards.
Our goal in all cases is to make it "Like it never even happened."
Experience and Training in Mitigation
Choose the right equipment for the job.
With over 40 years of business in the cleaning and restration industry and more than 1600 franchises, SERVPRO representatives have the right tools for the job. Our technicians are trained on the newest and most up to date techniques and equipment.
We work smarter, not harder with the goal of putting our customers back to normal in as short a time as possible. By choosing the right equipment, we can shorten drying times and decrease mitigation costs. We can also minimize the need for some demolition which will allow our customers to return to normal quicker than our competition.
Our goal is to be faster to any disaster and also return our customers to their normal routine as quickly and inexpensively as is safely possible.
Choose the right tool. Choose SERVPRO.