Wishing You a Safe and Happy Holiday Season
Please keep these Christmas Tree Fire Safety Tips in mind during this holiday season!
1. Choose a tree with fresh, green needles that do not fall off when touched.
2. Place your tree it at least three feet away from any heat source including your fire place, heaters and candles (or anything that can dry out the tree and make it more flammable).
3. Always keep your tree stand filled with water.
4. When decorating your tree replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Connect no more than three strands of mini string sets and a maximum of 50 bulbs for screw-in bulbs. Read manufacturer’s instructions for number of LED strands to connect.
5. Make sure your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors are operating properly.
6. Try not to leave your tree up for more than two weeks.
7. Never leave Christmas tree lights on if the tree is unattended. Unplug them when you go to bed or leave the home.
8. When purchasing an artificial tree, be sure it is labeled as fire-retardant.
Have a safe and joyful holiday season!!