Top 5 Causes of Commercial Water Losses
Commercial buildings are not immune to water damage, in this blog I will point out the top 5 causes of commercial water losses.
1. Broken or damaged pipes. Many factors can lead to broken pipes such as the pipes freezing or changes in temperature.
2. Leaking sprinkler systems. Similar to broken pipes, leaking sprinklers can cause substantial damage. Look out for wet carpets and walls as well as mold or musty smells.
3. Window Damage. Damage to the window or having a bad seal can cause water damage. This will allow water and moisture to leak into the building.
4. Damaged HVAC system. If the HVAC system begins to ware out or become damaged, this will lead to leaks.
5. Damaged roof. Roof damage can be caused by heavy winds or snowfall, amongst other things. Proper roof maintenance is important in protecting yourself from any further damage.