Call the Fire and Water Professionals
The fire was caused by a cigarette. The house was vacated and sat empty for a year. SERVPRO was asked to remediate the various damages to this home and provide the reconstruction for the portions we could not restore. As shown, the soot and smoke damage was pervasive. Rectifying these issues required the proper cleaning materials and significant elbow grease.
Here at SERVPRO of Woodridge/Bolingbrook, we know the devastation a house fire can bring to a family and we are eager to help.
Here's what you can do to minimize the damage before help arrives:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery
- Coat chrome faucets, trim, and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet
- Do not waste any walls or painted surfaces
- Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery
- Do not clean any electrical equipment
- Do not send clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor
In the event of a fire, call the fire and water professionals. Call SERVPRO of Woodridge/Bolingbrook.