Accidents happen and here at SERVPRO of Evanston we completely understand.
Here are some emergency fire damage tips-
1. Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into carpet and avoid tracking
2. Keep Hands Clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork
3. If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor
4. Wipe soot from metal kitchen and bathroom faucets,trim and appliances
5. Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting you SERVPRO Franchise professional
6. Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances (TV sets, radios, etc.) that may have been close to fire , heat, or water without first consulting an authorized repair service.
7.Don't attempt to shampoo carpets, rugs, or upholstered furniture without first consulting your SERVPRO franchise professional.